When it’s time to paint a room in your home, there are several things to keep in mind. You’re looking for the perfect color and the perfect application for an affordable price. For the best paint job, the wall you’re painting should be entirely smooth. You may find that the bare wall has cracks or holes that will cause the paint to look unsightly upon application.
Wall putty is a special powder that fills in these cracks and holes. You can use it to smooth areas that are uneven on your wall before you begin to paint. The result is an even surface that will show off your paint perfectly.
Our painters in Bala Cynwyd, PA, are skilled in the best ways to use wall putty before a paint job. You can count on us to make your home beautiful.
Difference Between POP and Wall Putty
Wall putty is made from a cement base, which gives it a lot more durability than POP (Plaster of Paris). Paint jobs that use POP underneath are more prone to cracking over time, and the finish is not as smooth.
With wall putty, you also get increased protection for the wall because it is water-resistant. It will help resist dust and dirt, as well.
How to Use Wall Putty
If you are using wall putty on your own, remember this series of steps. You can use the word PUTTY to remember the order.
- Prepare drywall: When applying wall putty to patch holes or cracks in walls, you will need to begin by removing the loose parts of the wall. Any drywall that is left hanging should be pulled out.
- Use putty: Then, using a putty knife, you will apply the wall putty at a downward angle, making sure to fill the hole entirely.
- Take extra off: You will want to remove any extra putty before you leave it to dry.
- Time to dry: After about three to four hours, the coat should be dry.
- You’re ready for the second coat! A second coat is always recommended to strengthen the seal.
For larger cracks and holes, there are more steps required to repair the wall. This is a great time to call in a professional.
Ready to Start?
Painting a room with holes or cracks in the wall can be daunting. You want your paint to look great the first time. That’s why we’re proud to provide a service that helps our community feel confident about their rooms. We have a team of qualified professionals who can handle any paint job efficiently and with care.
Are you ready to get started with your home or office? Our experienced painters in Conshohocken are ready to help. Give us a call today!