When it comes to decorating your home, there are so many options to consider. One aspect of designing your home includes painting the walls. You want it to match your style and your decor. A trend that is alive and popular in the decorating industry is the use of accent walls. An accent wall is a single wall in a room that is painted a different color than the rest.
An accent wall is a popular design option because it offers homeowners flexibility with their creativity. There are unlimited paint options for your home to choose from. Finding the perfect color and painter in Wayne, PA is difficult. Because your home is unique, your accent wall needs to be as well. Below are some tips to take into consideration when deciding if accent walls are the best option for your home.
- Do not be afraid to choose a bold color for your accent wall. Many people think they must choose a color that is only a few shades off from the rest of their walls. If your decor and other room accents match the accent paint color, you can go as bold as you want. The key is to choose colors that make you happy.
- When considering your accent wall, try to think outside of the box. You don’t have to simply paint your accent wall a single color. You can play around with stripes, chevron and other shapes when painting. Your accent wall can be a mural or several colors. A unique option for a powerful accent wall is the use of metallic.
- When choosing and creating your accent wall, remember that you should consider more than just paint for the wall. Think about the pictures, artwork and decor you may want to add to the wall and area in front of it. You can even consider draping fabric on your accent wall.
- Even if you want to keep your room neutral-looking, an accent wall can still be considered. Accent walls can be just as successful when painted with neutral or white than with bold or bright colors. With neutral color schemes, consider using a brown or tan as your accent color.
- Consider the color you want to paint your other walls. Consider the light in the room and the placement of your furniture. You don’t want to put a lot of time, effort and money into a beautiful accent wall if it will end up being covered by bulky furniture.